My new WVO kit...

Wow, it's been a while since I updated this blog! But I trust that if you want a general idea of what I've been up to, you've been able to find some stuff on my family's blog about that. Anything not on that blog about me would be, school, work, and maybe a few other insignificant things that I may or may not have blogged about anyway. :) Actually, I would be blogging a decent amount if I had the time, but I don't have the time, so I basically won't be posting a decent amount. Haha...

Here's a few pictures of my latest project, which is rebuilding my Waste Vegetable Oil (WVO) system on my truck. The only reason I'm rebuilding it now (instead of during the summer when it's warm and I have more time) is because a mechanic that I took my truck to completely removed my original system! He said it needed to be rebuilt anyway. lol! I said I knew it did, but not NOW! Oh well... So now I'm back at it, and I'm REALLY excited about the new setup! It's going to be so professional, so compact, and SO overkill! :D Right now I'm working on designing/building a prototype mounting bracket, which consequently requires the building of certain components. Here's a picture of me working on the new system...



This is one of the assemblies I worked on tonight. This includes the fuel filter, one of the fuel pumps, the extra glow-plug fuel temp booster, and my fuel thermometer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jonathan, can you tell me about your temperature sensor? Looks like your sending unit screws into a brass T fitting?
here is what I'm trying to do:
http://blog.briangallimore.com/?page_id=112

thanks,
Brian

Unknown said...

Hey Brian!

That is exactly what I did. The sending unit for my electronic fuel temp gauge screws right into the bottom side of a brass 'T' fitting. The sender that I got is just a standard NPT size, so with a reducing bushing I was able to assemble it no problem. If you want to drop me an email with more extensive questions please do!
You can reach me at:
jonathanerber@yahoo.com

If you haven't gotten your conversion done yet, I'd love to give you some recommendations of things that I've run into that may be helpful to you. My conversion has seen many modifications along the way as I've learned more and more. I checked your site and noticed you're looking at using two 3way valves... With my setup I have a 6way valve and a 3way valve, and when I purge I only have to drive about a mile until the system is clear and ready for a fresh start. I am barely purging anything, except the important engine parts.

Anyway, LMK if you have any more questions! It's exciting stuff, and definitely worth investigating! It's a great money saver, as well as being extremely environmentally friendly, and a really fun project! :)

Best of luck!

~Jonathan