Idaho!

Wow, it has definitely been a long time since I updated this blog, but I got a little more time than I'm used to today so I figured I'd get'er done! :)

For those of you who don't know, I am now in Idaho mentoring with Dr. David Erb, studying music! Dr. Erb teaches at New St. Andrew's College, and Logos Christian School as well as being chief musician at Christ's Church. The school year is just starting to get going, and next week will be my first 'typical' week. The weather has been amazing! Mid-low nineties on average, relatively dry and blue skies! Great summer weather. :)

Here are some pictures from the way out, hopefully more to come as the year progresses...

Heading through Montana, totally in my element. All 28 hours and I never got sick of the sound of that thing. :)
Looking extremely healthy! :) I couldn't have asked for better.
I drove the whole 1500 miles to Moscow, ID on vegetable oil, using less than one gallon of Diesel starting it up and shutting it off.
Along the way I did roll over 222,222.2 miles! :)
I like this picture cause you can see my rig and get a taste of the scenery! :)
Ok, enough about my truck...
Somewhere in South Dakota I believe, almost Montana.
Almost through the pass! The mountain scenery was amazing in Montana! I wish I could have captured it better with my camera.
Through the pass, and the beginning of a gorgeous view on the other side.
Thank you for the welcome Idaho! This would have been at almost 11:00pm, and Idaho desperately needs new paint on their roads! My technique was find a vehicle going a decent speed, hang on their tail for dear life, and hope they know the road better than I do. lol
Last Saturday a group from the area went out hiking in the mountains near Elk River Falls. Such beautiful scenery! It was a cool day, but that didn't keep us out of the water... Over the barricade we go, and down the mountain goat paths (where we had the luxury of them)!
Hiking/sliding down the slope to the swimming hole at the middle falls. :)
At first we swam at the middle falls which you can see at the top of the picture. After spending about a half hour there, we climbed down to the bottom of the lower falls and swam/climbed up the river right to the bottom of the lower falls, where there was a neat little ledge behind the falls that could hold about six guys or so. One neat thing about being behind the falls there was that the wind from the falls was causing the air to swirl in such a way that if you threw water up in the air, it just kept going up! lol It was also neat jumping off the ledge into/through the water fall. The force of the water was incredible!
Afterward we drove up to Elk River where we got some Huckleberry Ice Cream. :) Mmmmm...
For reference, you're looking at about half the town right here. Haha...
On the way back we got stared down by Mrs. Cow... Many thanks to our trusty driver, we didn't hit it this time! :D
Oh and Idaho cows are very different than Illinois cows! This cow turned and ran up the slope to our left effortlessly! Like a deer! Haha... I couldn't believe my eyes.

Sorry this has been really choppy and fast, but I've gotta run and move some timpani's with my truck. Hopefully more to come later!
To the church and other friends back home, I miss you guys!

1 comment:

The Eccentric Musician said...

Hi Jonathan,

It's great to get a little glimpse of your life out west! I'm praying for you, and especially that the Lord would give you wisdom and direction for where to be "heading" with your music. I can't wait until twenty years from now, when Lord willing we'll be able to look back on the fruits of our labors for His Kingdom, and praise Him for His work in our lives.

In the meantime, work hard and play hard, bro!

JtB