Faith and Freedom Tour / Alliance Conf' / HSLDA Conf'

Well, here I am blogging from the Radisson Hotel in King of Prussia, PA. We have just finished up a wonderful week with state homeschool leaders from all across the continent (as well as Hawaii, New Zealand, and Germany), and are now in the middle of Vision Forum's Faith and Freedom Tour. The first conference we attended was the Alliance Conference near Baltimore MD, this conference lasted Sunday night through Wednesday around noon. The next conference was the Home School Legal Defense Conference (HSLDA) in Cherry Hill NJ, this conference lasted Wednesday night, through Saturday night (or as some might correct me, extremely early Sunday morning :-). We stayed up until around 2:00am the last night of the HSLDA conference and sang hymns around the piano in the lobby. One interesting thing is that the piano that they had there is the same exact model as my new Kawai Piano (I must interject that mine is in much better shape mechanically, and acoustically).

Now, on to the Faith and Freedom Tour. There is so much to be said, and so little time (I've got to run and start helping with the making of the meals...) BTW: Did I ever tell you how we got to come on this tour each year? Well, it's a long story, but basically the deal is that if we provide the lunches for all 160 people each day, we get to attend (of course we would have to attend in order to be there to give them lunches).

Oops! I got off on a rabit trail, anyway I will not be able to give you the full story due to lack of time, but instead I'll put up a few pictures with captions No promises on this, but maybe I'll be able to get a longer story up later on.


___________________________




Here I am at a park with the Back family durring the HSLDA Conference attempting to walk the whole length of the swing support bar.



With the help of Vision Forum's intern class of 2005, and Tim Horn, the making of the lunches has been a breeze. THANKS SO MUCH INTERNS, AND TIM HORN!



Monday night we were treated to an excellent meal at the City Tavern in Phillidelphia.



While eating at the tavern, we were treated to some great entertainment by Charlie Zahm.



Here pictured on the steps of the Second National Bank is our whole tour group.



In this picture Mr. Phillips gives the tour a lecture as we relax on a lawn after eating lunch.



This week Joshua has been recording, and amplifying the lectures that are being given by Mr. Phillips, and Mr. Potter.



Here is Mr. Phillips talking at the place where George Washington crossed the Delaware.


BTW: I'm still not sure why he didn't use the bridge. :-)



More entertainment by Charlie Zahm at the Battlefield of Brandywine.



One of the greatest things about the Faith and Freedom Tours, is all the great people that we meet. Here is a picture of Justice Parker, with Nathan, Jeanine, and Corrine.



Yesterday I saw this, and I couldn't help but take a picture. I think that just about everyone on the tour is feeling this way, but only some are actually showing it. :-)

Well, now I've really got to run, so I'll have to write more later.

5 comments:

Amber D.M. said...

What great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Your caption for the bridge over the Deleware river was amusing. =)

I'll look forward to seeing what other pictures your family brings home.

Have a safe journey homeward.

Hubers said...

Thanks Jonathan, yours are the first and only pics we've seen thus far! Thanks for letting us in on the FUN.

Anonymous said...

We hope the Erbers make it home safely! We sure did enjoy those lunches -and your wonderful family!:) The picture of our little sleeping boy is really cute.

The Clerk said...

Hey! I didn't know you had posted pictures from the tour... I guess I was too busy making lunches to check your blog! :)

Yes, Stinnetts, we did make it home safely late last night. It was good to see you all again this year!

Jessica

Tim said...

Shall I pull a Mark Stubblefield and protest my being lumped in with the interns? Nah.

Thanks for all the wonderful memories!