Another tag...

Hi Everybody! This is Jessica. Since Jonathan's out of town I thought I'd hack into his site (which is fairly easy to do since I know his username and password).

Anyway, like nearly everyone else in Bloggerdom, I have finally been "tagged." I thought I'd make it through the epidemic without getting caught, but as I have now been tagged by both Ethan and Kristalyn over on Anthony's blog and also by Nikkae on the Huber blog, I guess I'll give in and do it! But I'm posting it here rather than on the family blog because... well, just because! :-) It might be good to have a salt shaker nearby as you read some of these answers. And don't hold me to them tomorrow morning, I may have changed my mind! (What good is a mind if you can't change it??)

Seven things I'd like to do before I die:
1. Visit the 11 states I haven't been to yet
2. Tour Europe - and maybe a few other places 'round the globe
3. Reduce the deer population without the aid of a vehicle
4. Create a home that is warm and welcoming for family, friends, and all who may seek rest or refuge within its doors
5. Be a better daughter/sister - and in general more purely reflect Christ's beauty and holiness
6. Write something that I actually enjoy reading afterwards and don't continually edit!
7. Attend the weddings of all my friends and siblings - which is already a vain hope as a friend that I have known for her whole life is getting married in southern Alabama on March 4, 2006! Obviously, I won't be able to be there.

Seven things I can't do well:
1. express myself verbally
2. make a pie crust look nice
3. anything remotely artistic
4. teach music theory
5. teach anything!
6. stay calm when in a hurry
7. storytelling

Seven things I say often:
(My family was even unable to help me fill in the last two...)
1. Children!
2. Must we! (usually said in conjunction with the previous statement)
3. Gravy boats...
4. Hey, hey, hey!
5. I'm still using that! (generally in reference to the computer)
6.
7.

Seven things I'd like in a husband:
1. Rich
2. Charming
3. Intelligent
4. Handsome
5. Talented
6. Interesting
7. Someone who has *won his spurs* and, of course, wears the radiant attire associated to his rank

Seven books/authors I've enjoyed(aside from the Scriptures, of course):
1. Worthy is the Lamb
2. Woman: Her Mission & Her Life
3. Dictionary
4. Thesaurus
5. Encyclopedia
6. O. Henry
7. Carry On, Mr. Bowditch! or maybe By the Great Horn Spoon...

Seven movies... (a general disclaimer regarding this list is appropriate, if redundant):
1. Home movies can be excessively boring but we've got some real gems, too!
2. Henry V (love quoting it!)
3. Ironwill (we just watched it for the first time, so it had to make this list)
4. A variety of musicals and parts of musicals
5. Secondhand Lions was fun
6. Do Roy Rogers, the Lone Ranger and other such 'movies' count? How about the Popeye cartoon that we wore out the tape on???
7. I enjoyed the A&E Pride & Prejudice, too (it's the only version I've seen)
(Can you tell I'm not much of a movie person??)

Phew! There it is. Done. Taggers, I hope you are pleased!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Job Jess!

This is really cool, being able to check my blog to see if it's been updated yet.

:)

The VHS said...

Great Job Jess.

The Clerk said...

Thank you, gentlemen. I'm glad it meets with your approval!

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Jess! Your list is fascinating, especially the part that sounds like your looking for a perfect Knight in Shining Armour!

Anonymous said...

Well, Jonathan's blog is certainly full of surprises. :o) Came to see how the guys' trip was.

Guess I'll have to become a regular checker so I don't miss anything. ;o)

The Clerk said...

Milkmaid - I'm very willing for the "shining armor" part to be simply a figure of speech. In all honesty I must confess that I'm not crazy over how it looks!

2saints - I have informed both Josh and Jonathan that one or both of them need to update their blogs with information about the conference. We'll see when they get to it! :)

Nathan & Jeanine DeLadurantey said...

Jess, last time I checked music, poetry, creative writing, drama. . .fell under the arts!

Your sister who is very NOT artistic in the ways you are.

Jeanine

The Clerk said...

Big sisters are so nice! :-) Though even in the "arts" you mentioned my love for them far outdistances any ability!

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

Roy Rogers definitely counts - I like his movies as much as Jojo! BTW, I agree with Jeanine. Poetry and creative writing fall into the arts category.

Rebecca K

The VHS said...

Great Job Jessica!
Wow, doesn't it feel great to complete such a list.
My mom had fun reading ourlists.;0)
This is a great way for everyone to get to know each other better!
LOL! :0)

I have a hard time with pie-crusts too.:0)

- Anna