An Impromptu Prank Phone Call.

Tonight I got a phone call:

Me: Hello, this is Jonathan!

Unknown: Um, hello I have some engines I want to sell (I have a wanted ad out for small engines from 8 - 14HP).

Me: Oh, ok, (taken a little off guard) um, yea, so what... Ok, well, tell me about them!

Unknown: Um, do they need to run?

Me: Well, not really, but of course I'm not going to pay a whole lot for an engine that needs repair. So what size are they?

Unknown: Um, i-it's a twelve horse engine.

Me: Oh, ok what brand is it?

Unknown: Uh, K-Kohler

Me: Oh! What size was it again?

Unknown: F-Fourteen Horse.

Me: Ok, so how many cylinders does it have? (I'm beginning to tell that this guy isn't mentally with it)

Unknown: T-Two.

Me: Oh nice, um how old is it? (I don't think they make 14HP twin cyl. engines)

Unknown: It's fourteen years old.

Me: (surprised that this guy who appeared to be thinking so slowly even knew how old it was) Well, if it's ok, can I look around at other engines like this a little, and get back to you with a price?

Unknown: Sure.

Me: Ok, do you want me to call you back at the same number that you just called me on.

Unknown: Uh... No!

Me: Ok, then let me get a pen and pad and I'll take down your number.

Unknown: Juan!

Me: (thinking that he was now shouting off the numbers slowly starting with one). Just a second, I don't quite have a pen here yet.

Unknown: Juan, it's Dave.

Me: (thinking he wants me to know his name also) Just a second, I've just got to get a pad of paper.

Unknown: (more shouting into the phone, but I can't tell what he is saying at all now because of the amount of noise in our kitchen made primarily from Corrine yelling "Ma-Ma" "Ma... Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma", the CD player playing the Jonathan Park Audio Adventure Series, Josiah telling Corrine to be quiet so that he can hear what's happening, and Joanna washing dishes).

Me: (finally out of the kitchen with my pen and pad) Ok, sorry I couldn't quite tell what you were saying, can you start over with the number.

Unknown: Juan! It's me... Dave Inyart!

_____________________________

Well, I don't think I've ever been so fooled over the phone by anyone before. Good job Dave!

BTW: That voice you were using, hang on to it for our next film. That was really good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFLOL! :-)

The VHS said...

Talk about "Different!"
Lj;)
BTW: Don't you have caller ID?

Unknown said...

Well, yea, but he called on their cell phone, and I didn't recognize it.
I'm not sure if I've ever seen that number before.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Great story Juan, and nice job Dave!