My new truck

A couple weeks ago I got a new truck! I've been looking for a Diesel to possibly convert to run on Vegetable Oil, but haven't found one that had what I wanted within my price range. Basically I was looking for three things:
  • I wanted a GM pickup, (or Suburban or Blazer).
  • It had to be a 1993 model or older (in 1994 they started using electronic fuel injection which is no good for vegetable oil).
  • I also wanted it to be 4x4.
  • I also wanted it to be a 1993 (since that was the only year that they made a 6.5L Turbo Diesel engine with mechanical fuel injection)
  • It had to be under $1500
I would have been fine with one of the older non turbo 6.2L diesel engines, but ideally I wanted a 1993 with the 6.5L Turbo Diesel.

Basically what I wanted, and the price it had to be didn't match, so I was having a hard time finding anything half decent until...

This truck came along.




This is a 1993 (YAY!) Chevy (YAY!) Pickup (YAY!), with 4x4 (YAY!) and the 6.5L Turbo Diesel (YAY!). Best of all they were only asking $1200 (YAY again!).

The problem was that the ad said the engine was seized-up (Grr, not so good!). I decided to call the guy anyway and ask what the symptoms of the problem were. He proceeded to explain the problem, and I got to thinking it was more of a starter problem than an engine problem. I went to look at it and it wasn't even a starter problem! The only problem was that one of the starter bolts had broken, and the other had bent! So with $10 I headed over to Napa Auto Parts and picked up two new starter bolts.

Now have have a great running truck that I couldn't have found anywhere else for less than $3500 at the least! I am so excited. It has a new:
  • Transmission
  • Torque Converter
  • Alternator
  • Gas Tank
  • Radiator
  • Tires
  • Exhaust system
  • and now it even has two new starter bolts :-).
This truck runs and drives great, and has almost no rust at all! Oh, it also came with fender flares, mud flaps, and a tough looking chrome farm bumper (on the rear)! I couldn't have asked for a nicer truck at this price. I can't wait to get it converted and start driving it for free!

6 comments:

Webb Family said...

Sweet Ride!

Unknown said...

Hello Spammers!

Please stop spamming this post!

mikechevy007 said...

where did you find that truck i have been looking for a truck like that for 5 years!!! i used to have one just like it but i sold it!!!! nice truck!!!!!

Unknown said...

I found it on Craigslist.org. That's a great place to shop for trucks and stuff in your area!

Anonymous said...

thanks i found one and now have one again and I'm not selling this one!!! it's the same thing as your truck!!! its cool i love it!!!

Anonymous said...

that was mikechevy007 above!