Luke's Truck's Conversion

Over the past couple days I've had the pleasure of converting my second vehicle to run on Vegetable Oil! Ok, it wasn't MY second vehicle, it was my SECOND vehicle to convert, but it was actually my third conversion! :) Confused yet? Nevermind...

This past Tuesday I went over to my friend Luke's house to work on converting his Diesel truck to run on Vegetable Oil! Here are some pictures from the week...

The main 'workbench' over at his house on tuesday

Part of the conversion at the end of Tuesday... Far from complete, but we made a lot of progress! :)

On Thursday (yesterday) he brought his truck over, and we spent the afternoon and evening trying to wrap things up. In this picture Luke is soldering the 'T's onto the ends of the heated fuel lines.

In this picture I believe Luke is trying to route the heated fuel lines up from the darkness beneath.

Waiting for another wire to pop through the firewall...

...from Ethan my faithful companion electrician. Thanks Ethan for volunteering your help! It was GREATLY appreciated.

Not sure exactly what is happening here, but there is Luke, his truck, myself, and the open door to my blazer (which served as a make-shift tool shelf).

We weren't able to finish completely last night, but they spent the night and after an hour or so of work this morning it's almost done! The only thing left to do is fabricate the fuel tank in Luke's toolbox, and patch into the fuel lines!

This is going to be one sweet ride once it's done, especially after Luke gets the part fixed that makes it go. :P

No comments: