CHEO Conference Update

I was going to post some pictures from the conference this evening, but I accidentally left the camera at the booth tonight. :-( Also, the camera hasn't been working very well so I'm not sure how well the pictures turned out anyway.

Today I bought a laptop from a guy here in Columbus. I saw the ad on Craigslist.org and gave him a call. I didn't get a call back, so I figured that due to the low price it must have sold. But I decided to give him a call again today. It turns out that he lost my phone number and the laptop was still available! He dropped the price $100 and I was able to get it for only $750 in the end. The specs are:

  • 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo CPU
  • 2GB DDR2 RAM
  • 100GB HDD
  • DVD+/-RW
  • 14.1" WXGA+ UltraSharp, TrueLife TFT Screen
  • Two high capacity batteries (6 hours each)
  • and of course, the ever coveted USB floppy drive :-)

The whole unit costs $1,998.00 customized from the manufacturer, but I guess the guy has some connection with Dell, and does this as a hobby.

Well, there's a possibility that I'll have some pictures up later, but no guarantees as I don't know if I'll have time.

No comments: