Living Life Economically

Two weeks ago in my Economics class we talked about the Law of Diminishing Returns. This law basically states that for each extra unit of product that you consume, you gain less and less benefit each time. Eventually, the additional cost of consuming that last additional product is higher than your additional benefit, at which point you refrain from consuming the product.

With that in mind... I am very much the type of person that likes to be around people, but today I spent the whole day home alone, and didn't see a single soul until about 6pm. All day I only saw a total of seven people (four of which were my family members). AND I LOVED IT! So what made me suddenly enjoy being alone instead of being with people? Well, if the Law of Diminishing Returns is true, then I guess I've consumed to many people?

I don't know, just food for thought I guess.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

=)Interesting concept ...