My first road-worthy car.

Today I got a 1990 5.0L Ford Mustang as a trade for the Dell laptop that I had for sale on my blog before (it wasn't an entirely even trade, so don't expect me to sell it for the same price as the laptop) .

The person that I bought it from was supposed to show up today around 11:30am-12:00 to make the trade. He had said that he'd give me a call as he was leaving Chicago around 10:00am. Well, 10:00am came and left, and so did 11:30am-12:00. Still no word from him. Finally around 1:30 I get a call apologizing for not making the appointment, and saying that he had over slept and consequently hadn't left yet (he works a night job). He decided to leave right away to make the two hour trip out to our house, planning on taking the 4:35 train back into Chicago. At around 3:15pm I received a call saying that he thought he was lost, I confirmed his location as about 15 minutes from our house (right where he was supposed to be), and gave him further directions for the rest of the trip. 3:30pm came and went... At about 4:00 we got another call from him... yup, he was majorly lost. And again, at about 4:30pm we got a call from him asking "if I hit Crystal Lake on Rte. 14, have I gone to far?". Well, Crystal Lake isn't too far, it's about 30 minutes the wrong direction. Now it is quite clear that not only is he going to miss his train, but we're going to get to see it in the dark, and in the rain (which was just beginning to fall). So he turned around, and we decided to meet him at Wal-Mart, (which is closer to the train station, thus enabling him to make the 5:35 train). At about 4:55pm he pulled into the Wal-Mart parking lot and we were finally able to take it out for a test drive.

Let me tell you something, a car this small, with a 5.0L High Output engine, with high speed cams, dual exhaust,, and a performance clutch, has a LOT of power! Anyway, if you are looking for a early 1990's Mustang in pretty good shape, let me know because this one is for sale.


Front


Side


Back


Yep, sweet sounding dual exhaust :-)


Now we're down to the heart of the matter. Ha, Ha, Haaa...

10 comments:

Amber D.M. said...

You're getting to be quite the salesman. =) Or, is it tradesman? *wink*

Anonymous said...

Cool car! But mom said I cant get it ;P

Unknown said...

Who is anonymous? Let me know, and maybe I can talk to your mom. :)

The VHS said...

Josh you stole the words right out of my mouth.
LJ
Pretty nice Juan!

Nathan & Jeanine DeLadurantey said...

Way to go! Great Trade....Cool Car!

The Parish Clan said...

How much do you want for it?

Unknown said...

I'd currently have it for sale for $2500 OBO, but I'd like to get around $2000 out of it.

Are you going to be in the area any time soon? If you are, we'd love to meet you all, and I'm sure you'd love to take it out for a spin? From what I've heard of your Toyota pickup, I think it's got significantly more power (talk about two long black streaks! :-).

Today we tested out 0-60 on it, and we ended up with around 5.8 seconds. However, we couldn't give it full throttle otherwise we'd break too much traction, :( so we still don't know what it can really do.

Sometime when they're laying down fresh hot black-top, we'd like to test it out for real. :-) Unfortunately they don't pave roads in the winter, so I guess we'll have to go without knowing it's full potential. :(

Anonymous said...

wish I had the money ha ha just kidding. hope someone buys it soon.

As One Voice said...

Ahhhhemmm . . . we were just wondering if you were going to revise your statement that this car is indeed road-worthy in light of your recent sales experience . . . giggle :o)

We appreciate your attitude in the midst of the situation - keeping your eye on the truth and thereby retaining peace of heart.

Psalm 91 to all!

Mrs. Ortega

Unknown said...

Mrs. Ortega,

Indeed I was going to revise that, but until now, I have litterally not been home and awake at the same time long enough to update it since then. Stay tuned, it should be up this morning.

:-)

Jonathan