During this year's presidential race there seems to be a lot of attention put on the religious beliefs of the candidates, as though somehow that alone determines whether or not they're going to be a good leader. While I'll agree that the religious beliefs of our future president are important, I think we should focus on what they stand for, not only what they say they believe.

As you may already know, I support Ron Paul for president in 2008 because of what he stands for, not just because of what he says he believes. For articles by Ron Paul, and information on his views, visit Ron Paul 2008 > Issues.

And, in case you're wondering what his religious convictions are, here's what he has to say on that...

"I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator."
~Ron Paul

No comments: