My beautiful friend is...

A couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to work with North Country Interiors up in the Milwaukee area, laying flooring and such. There were two job sites that we were working on that day. Jeremy and I were working on a wood floor, while Aaron, Nathan, and Luke were over at the other location doing flooring of various types.

At one point during the day Nathan swung by our location to take my pickup truck. I took special care to make sure that the Veggie Oil system was off, and that the truck was running on Diesel. To make a long story short, Luke ended up having quite a rough time with my truck, which was not running very well. In retrospect, I think somehow the switches for my veg' oil system (which I haven't labeled since I'm usually the only one that drives my truck) got switched, and being that my Veg' Oil tank was empty, the injector pump got fed LOTS of air. For those without mechanical knowledge, this is NOT a good thing for a diesel engine!

After talking with Luke (who was out driving it at the time) I gave him the instructions that I thought he needed in order to keep it running, and get home back to their job site.

It was now about 5:30 or 6:00pm, and Jeremy, Nathan and I were wrapping up the work at their job site. We got everything packed up and ready to go, but still no Luke (that poor guy hates my truck now). We decided that Jeremy and Nathan would head home, and I'd stay back and wait for Luke, who finally did show up. We packed up our tile saw (which is a painful story in itself ;) and headed for home... I threw the truck in gear, gunned it and we were out of there! Well not really, we only made it to the end of the driveway, where it died. :( Luke laughed, and I let him know that my beautiful truck had been mistreated, and just needed it's fuel lines bled to remove the air bubbles. We decided to stop at the first gas station and bleed the lines, however we didn't even make it that far. As we drove out into the dense fog, my truck just kept dying, and finally it wouldn't start back up...

...Oh wait, this story is getting long again, sorry...

So Jeremy and Nathan came to pick Luke up, and called AAA for a tow. After a quick bite to eat, the three of them headed home while I waited in my truck for the tow. It was a marvelous little time I had there :) haha... I sang along to some music, went for a little jog to stay warm, and even took a nap! I was actually quite cozy after the jog, and after what seemed like just a few minutes, I was awoken to the sound of the tow truck! :) We got it loaded up onto the back, and headed for home...

WHAT A RIDE THAT WAS! The guy had only gotten about a one hour nap in two days, and was about ready to un-voluntarily take another! We drove at about 25mph the whole way home. :( I didn't realize how tired he was until we came to a railroad crossing where he stopped for a LONG time. After about ten seconds or so, I asked what we were waiting for... suddenly we started going again. That was one tense ride home! I really didn't know if we'd make it! But, after over two hours, we finally made it home from New Berlin.

But the story doesn't end there, as I took off my jacket, I noticed a letter from the Secretary Of State on my desk. It carried... ...well... ...even more bad, BAD news. :(

Further diagnostics on my truck show that I apparently blew my injector pump. I just praise the Lord that Luke didn't get stranded in it! I'm afraid what he'd have done to my truck without me there! LOL!

So anyway, if there are any philanthropists out there that feel like helping a guy out, I've got a big bill on my hands, and could really use some help! :-)

Oh and to answer the title of this post, my beautiful friend is... ...taking a long rest out in our driveway. :D

No comments: